For mobile machines, the outriggers must be unfolded before working. Whether it is a mobile crane or a truck-mounted concrete pump, this method is used to stabilize the chassis so that it will overturn during operation.
Concrete pumps come in a variety of outrigger types, including X-type, XH-type, V-type, SX-type, etc. Each type of outriggers has its own advantages and disadvantages. In the application, outrigger types are used depending on the length of the boom, it can ensure safety and maximize production cost. At present, most concrete pumps adopt the X-type, which adopts the design of telescopic front outriggers and swing rear outriggers. While working, it is necessary to fully extend the outriggers to their extreme positions to ensure their reliability. We call this support method “full support”.
The full support method is the safest, however, the required space area is also the largest. At relatively small construction sites, it is obviously not possible to fully extend. So, for this situation, the designer developed one-sided support for different scenarios. This includes the front support, left support and the right support. These three-sided support methods can well cope with the lack of space on the construction site. Today, let’s talk about when and how these three support methods are used.
The front one-sided support is also called the front support. Only the front outriggers of the pump truck are deployed at the time of work. And the rear outriggers are not required to be unfolded compulsorily. In fact, at this time, the rear wheel of the chassis is on the ground. Therefore, the two front outriggers combined with the ground tires can also form a relatively stable triangular structure.
The front support is suitable for the case where the construction direction is directly in front of the concrete pump. The boom can only rotate within a certain angle directly in front of the concrete pump. Exceed this angle range, there is a high risk of overturning.
WORKING RANGE OF FRONT SUPPORT
Generally speaking, when the outriggers are in the front support, the working range of the boom is the central axis in which the boom and the concrete pump body are parallel, and the left and right sides are rotated on both sides thereof, and the maximum angle range is generally about 60°. Normally, this angle of rotation is sufficient. Therefore, for the concrete pump operator, it is necessary to maintain a high degree of vigilance, and do not exceed this selection angle range during the operation.
LEFT AND RIGHT SUPPORT
The left and right one-sided supports can be regarded as a set of mirror support methods. During working, the outriggers on one side of the truck body are unfolded, and the other side of the outriggers are not compulsorily required to be unfolded.
The left and right one-side support methods are suitable for the concrete pouring position on both sides of the vehicle body. The construction site road is too narrow to unfold all the legs. Therefore, only the left or right side support method can be adopted.
WORKING RANGE OF RIGHT SUPPORT
Compared to the front support, the boom rotation range of left and right support methods will be larger. Usually, the angle of the working range of the boom should be the same as that formed after the one-side outriggers are fully unfolded. Specifically, it is about 120°, which is equivalent to the working range of the two front outriggers. Different brands of concrete pumps may have different working ranges, so you need to check the instruction manual before operating.
MORE TIPS FOR ONE-SIDED SUPPORT
The one-sided support makes the concrete pump work more adaptable and simplifies the operation process. The time required for one-sided support is definitely shorter than full support. However, there are advantages and disadvantages.
- One-sided support is only suitable if all outriggers cannot be fully unfolded. Most of the time it is recommended to use full support. For the case of pumping concrete vertically upwards, the use of one-sided supports is prohibited.
- The support location for the one-sided support, also needs to be solid and flat ground. It is better to put some wooden pads under the outriggers to increase the contact area and prevent the outriggers from collapsing. At the same time, when supporting on one side, outriggers must be fully extended to their extreme positions until they cannot move
- In the case of front support, when the boom is unfolded, first extend one arm to the vertical position, rotate the boom to the working range directly in front of the truck, and then expand the other booms. Remember not to unfold all the booms and rotate them all at once, with the risk of overturning.
- In the case of left and right support, if it is the left support, after one arm is unfolded, do not rush to unfold other booms. First, rotate the whole boom to the left side of the truck body to the working range, and then expand the other booms. The right support operates in the same way as the left support, but in the opposite direction.
- It has a corresponding one-sided support option in the operating system of different concrete pump brands. After the outriggers are fully unfolded into a one-sided support, you must also choose your Support Mode in the control system to ensure that the limit sensor works normally, so there is no need to worry about the excessive rotation of the boom. At the same time, it is forbidden to modify the support mode of the concrete pump during the work.
- For the old concrete pumps without the swing limit function, try not to choose the one-side support to prevent the risk of the concrete pump overturning exceed the working angle range of the boom.
- After the work is finished, it is forbidden to change the support mode in the control system of the concrete pump when the booms are not completely folded.
Edited by Hello-Parts.com
Original source from Wechat ID Tongxingjixie